GFBoston on the road: S'MAC NYC

SO many of my Twitter followers (follow me @gfboston) have recommended that I try S'MAC in the East Village for gluten-free mac and cheese, so I finally listened to them and decided to try the place out.

I have to say, much to my sadness, that you were all very wrong. I tried the four cheese mac with cheddar, muenster, gruyere, and peccorino, and it was the grossest most inedible meal I've ever had in my entire life...I couldn't even finish eating it. The macaroni was hard and tasteless, and the combination of cheeses did not work at all (smelled like old sweaty gym socks, and I say that as an insane lover of all cheeses). On top of all of this, the thing was OOZING with grease, and not in a good way at all.


I probably washed my face ten times after eating this and still felt disgustingly greasy. Perhaps it was just the four cheese mac, and the others are tastier, or maybe they were just having an off day, either way it was a horrible experience.

As you all know, I'm always willing to give places a second chance, so S'MAC and I will have another encounter at some point in the future. Props to S'MAC for keeping the mac and cheese relatively cheap though (~$8), and for even offering gluten-free mac and cheese at all.

Location: 345 East 12th Street, New York, NY 10003
Website: www.smacnyc.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
June 27, 2012 at 2:24 PM

It's really awful, isn't it? I tried the four cheese as well. I've had it 2x and both experiences at S'Mac were terrible. THe second time I got glutened from cross-contamination somewhere. I will never recommend this place to anyone GF.

Social Media said...
September 12, 2013 at 3:21 AM

Buy Youtube Likes
Really i appreciate the effort you made to share the knowledge.The topic here i found was really effective to the topic which i was researching for a long time.

Social Media said...
September 13, 2013 at 5:33 AM

Youtube Subscribers
This post is really incredible, one of the most helpful I have ever read,indeed.

Post a Comment