Rattlesnake Bar

I usually go to the Rattlesnake because they have an awesome roof deck and they make big and strong whiskey sours. I decided to have dinner there with a friend, and was pleasantly surprised with the outcome!


I had the Grilled Tijuana Caesar salad with salmon ($12.50), which had grilled hearts of romaine, corn salsa, and Caesar dressing with a kick. It comes with croutons, but I obviously declined. The salmon was flaky and seasoned perfectly.


My dining companion had the Thai Tuna Salad, but he isn't gluten-free and I'm not sure if the salad can be made gluten-free. The salad had peppercorn and coriander–seared Ahi tuna with seaweed salad and baby tatsoi in Thai peanut vinaigrette with ginger and soy–marinated tofu & bean sprouts ($14). He absolutely loved his salad as well.


We also tried the Hudson Valley Duck Tacos ($11), which normally come in deep fried flour taco shells, but we chose to substitute corn taco shells instead. Our server warned us that this might not be a good idea, and he was definitely right. The tacos had molasses and cola-marinated duck breast with cranberry-rosemary risotto & truffle-cranberry glaze. It was a disaster of a meal; the flavor combination did not work at all and the different aspects clashed with each other. There was just too much going on at once.

Overall, we enjoyed our experience and our meals; the service was wonderful. I have been salivating just thinking about my salad, and I can't wait to go back and have it again. I'm just going to pretend that the duck tacos didn't actually happen!

Location: 384 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116 (Back Bay)
Website: http://www.rattlesnakebar.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment