GF Boston on the road: The Blue Ridge Brewing Co.

My non-gluten-free companion had heard that The Blue Ridge Brewing Co. had the best brunch in Greenville, so we spent our Sunday morning under an umbrella on their patio.

We both got The Brewhouse Classic Bloody Mary with a bottle of hot sauce on the side. This was hands-down the best Bloody Mary that I have ever tasted. It wasn’t too spicy and had just the right amount of kick.

My non-GF companion had the Brunch Sammich, which was a ham, bacon, egg, and cheese on a toasted English muffin. He loved the sandwich and subbed the side of potatoes with grits. The grits were smooth and creamy, and definitely won me over.

I had the Low Country Shrimp Hash with potatoes, ham, shrimp, and spices. The ham was a standout ingredient and the potatoes were tender and spiced well. The presentation was enticing and every few bites got me a surprising jalapeno or pepper.

We also had their fresh orange juice, which didn’t have the same taste as European orange juice, but didn’t taste like bottled orange juice and was very refreshing after the Bloody Mary kicked in.

Blue Ridge Brewing Co. is definitely recommended if you happen to be in the Greenville area, and I’m sure that the rest of their menus are equally as appetizing as their brunch menu.

0 comments:

Post a Comment