Snack of the Day: Glutino Crackers

Glutino crackers are glorious little prophets of the gluten-free world. The consistency is that of a classic Ritz cracker (my personal favorite), the taste is slightly buttery, and the texture is supremely smooth.

There's a bit of a white rice flour aftertaste if you eat them on their own, but you won't really notice it unless you're looking for it. Plus, I'm a toppings kind of a girl, which is why Glutino crackers have been named the snack of the day.

There are endless topping options with this gem of a snack, but my personal favorites include:

  • Tuna salad
  • Country Crock butter
  • Philadelphia whipped chive cream cheese
  • Trader Joe's edamame hummus
  • Extra sharp cheddar cheese
Price: $4.79 at Whole Foods, please note that these are only at the Whole Foods on Prospect Street in Cambridge...I couldn't find them at the Symphony Whole Foods last week
Calories: 140 for 8 crackers

2 comments:

Cooking With Dia said...
July 7, 2009 at 6:29 PM

Cool. I am glad you like the Monkey Bread recipe. I didn't have monkey bread for a long time either. It is so yummy!

Shannon said...
July 8, 2009 at 9:40 AM

You can also get these at the Whole Foods in Brighton on Washington St. I actually first found these when I was traveling in Montreal. The box was in all French. Pretty cool...

Post a Comment