Nature's Path Organic Homestyle Gluten-Free Waffles

I decided to start my day off with some frozen GF waffles, and I must say that I am severely disappointed. I'm not sure who the hell is rating these suckers on the Nature's Path website...but don't be deceived by the 5 heart rating of "awesome."

First of all, they have this strange smell that I can't quite put my nose on, but can only describe as faintly floral. Secondly, the taste is reminiscent of an uncooked yet burnt drop cookie with too much sugar.

The only slightly redeeming quality about this waffle is that the texture is very similar to a "real" Eggo waffle. Other than the texture, I would rate these waffles inedible. I threw both of mine into the trash after several bites, and had I not been writing a review on them, I would've thrown them out after the first bite. Syrup couldn't even rescue these waffles.

Time to go brush my teeth, because post-waffle consumption tastes like something died inside of my mouth.

Price: $3.79 at Shaw's
Calories: 270 for 2 waffles

2 comments:

Cooking With Dia said...
July 6, 2009 at 10:42 AM

You have such a cute blog layout. I love it!! Good posts too. I became gluten free after becoming vegan and macrobiotic. So, it can be hard where I live to find the right ingredients.

Shannon said...
July 8, 2009 at 9:38 AM

I've never tried the Nature's Path waffles... but I'm a HUGE fan of the Van's waffles. You can pick them up in pretty much any Whole Foods.

Post a Comment