Obsessed: Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka

When I was in Charleston about a month ago, one of my sorority sisters introduced me to Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka served with lemonade. From Charleston, I headed to DC and over-indulged in this absolutely sublime concoction at almost every bar and restaurant I encountered for several days.

But once I got back to Boston, I couldn't find a bar or restaurant around that served my dear Firefly. Sure there was Sweet Carolina Sweet Tea Vodka...but it wasn't the same, and I wouldn't let myself convert out of convenience.

I meant to call the Massachusetts distributor over the past few days, as @FireflyVodka instructed me to do so on Twitter, but I kept forgetting. Fortunately, while walking down Harvard Ave today, I decided to stop into Blanchard's just in case they happened to have it...AND THEY DID!



So here it is...THE drink of summer...
1/2 cup Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka
1/2 cup lemonade
Slice of lemon for garnish
1 straw
Happiness

6 comments:

Matt said...
July 7, 2009 at 9:46 AM

Thank you so much for the writeup, and I'm very glad I was able to help out. Albeit indirectly. :)
Firefly is very lucky to have such passionate and fun loving fans.

Best,

Matt
@fireflyvodka
matt@fireflyvodka.com

Cooking With Dia said...
July 7, 2009 at 10:01 AM

That looks refreshing.

gurnage said...
July 7, 2009 at 1:41 PM

My sorority sister also introduced me to Firefly Sweet Tea in Pensacola and now I'm addicted! Luckily I can get it in Atlanta. Cheers!

xacerb8 said...
August 2, 2009 at 8:12 AM

Just had a drink at Grendel's in Harvard Square last night called Arnie's Army, which features the Firefly sweet tea vodka. So good!! Glad to hear that Blanchards carries it. Going to pick up a bottle today!

Heather1221 said...
July 18, 2010 at 11:05 AM

Can you confrim that Firefly or Carolina Sweet team is gluten free? Thanks so much!

KMB said...
July 22, 2010 at 9:25 AM

Confirmed gluten-free Heather!

Post a Comment