Stone Hearth Pizza Co.

Sweet Jesus, my stomach and taste buds are in heaven right now!

Stone Hearth Pizza Co. is a small, gourmet, friendly pizza shop delivering local, sustainable, and organic ingredients directly to your belly from it's Porter Square location. The Neapolitan style thin crust pizzas are beyond what your little gluten-free heart could have possibly imagined.

I started off with the Meatball Poppers. Three tiny, earthy meatballs stuffed with mozzarella, onions, and a combination of spices. The sauce was spicy and tasted extremely fresh...I felt like I was licking the inside of tomatoes (which I loved!).

My only complaint was that the mozzarella didn't have much taste to it, although it did provide a nice little surprise when cutting into the meatball. The meat fell apart when you dug into it, leaving you with a nice image of the melted mozzarella and spices inside.

I ordered a half Classic, half Margherita pizza with gluten-free crust. Be aware that you can only order the gluten-free pizzas in the regular size, which made me exceed my budget beyond what I wanted to spend.

The Classic pizza is beyond cheesy...the mix of mozzarella and provolone cheeses is phenomenal. This is the closest I have ever come to tasting something even remotely similar to one of my favorite thin-crust pizza places at home in NY.

You can't even tell that the crust is gluten-free until you get to the absolute end of the crust when there isn't any sauce or cheese left, and even then, the taste is barely noticeable unless you have a fine-tuned gluten-free palate.

The Margherita pizza was also delicious, but I had the same complaint as I did with the meatballs...the mozzarella's flavor was too delicate for my liking. The basil wasn't overpowering, which I always fear with Margherita pizzas, and the sauce was outstandingly fresh.

I came home with leftovers, and I'm seriously struggling to restrain myself from eating the rest of the box right now. Time to hit the gym!

Price breakdown: Meatball poppers - $5, Diet coke - $2, Pizza - $9.50, Total - $20 with tip and tax
Location: Stone Hearth Pizza Co., 1782 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02140

1 comments:

carla said...
July 8, 2009 at 1:31 PM

To whom it may concern;

I am writing to inform you of our new Gluten free menu. About 4 yrs ago my sister Christine and I opened nebo restaurant at 90 N. Washington St. in Boston’s North End. Nebo is a traditional Italian restaurant offering dishes based on recipes that were passed down from our mother and grandmother. After being open for about a year, two of our closest friends were told they had Celiac disease. We then realized just how many people this disease has affected and the need for an alternative for their dining restrictions. Determined to serve our friends their favorites, we set upon making our menu available in a gluten free form. We are thrilled to say that we have now produced 90% of our menu with the same great taste as our regular menu. We don't think there has been an accomplishment that has brought us more pleasure. If you would like us to forward a copy of our Gluten free menu please send a menu request to nebofunctions@gmail.com .

Post a Comment